How a Gentleman Uses a Cell Phone in Public
- Do not incessantly look at, pull out, check out, or attend to your phone while having a conversation.
- if you want to be taken seriously and thought of someone who listens, leave the phone in your pocket.
- We have become addicted to our phones, and we are conditioned to attend to our phones— don’t miss out on great relationships.
- Silent your phone in a theater, meeting, or movie.
- Don’t continue to talk on your phone when you are being helped at a restaurant or establishment.
- Put the phone in your pocket, hold it down, or ask the person on the other end to hold on- then do your business.
- Be discreet and polite when making a call in public. To be courteous and polite, ask the people closest to you if they mind if you make a phone call.
- Monitor and measure your tone and voice.
- Do not yell while on the phone.
- Survey the scene and find a place to make a call where you will bother the least amount of people.
This applies to women as well.